Saturday, January 29, 2011

Expectations

What do I expect of the St. James Trail? 

I expect it to rain 22 times.
I expect to walk 6 hours a day and sleep 10.
I expect days to be short and dim.
I expect people to be kind.
I expect mud.
I expect wildflowers.
I expect old churches and Celtic beehives.
I expect to be homesick.
I expect spare accommodations.
I expect freezing nights. 
I expect to be overwhelmed by beauty.
I expect my foot fungus to act up.

What do I hope for?

I hope to find fresh vegetarian food.
I hope my camera works.
I hope my Spanish is good enough.
I hope to have energy to read.
I hope to see a multitude of virgins.
I hope to see the prince.
I hope my back tolerates this.
I hope my husband misses me.
I hope my animals stay healthy.
I hope to be overwhelmed by beauty.
I hope I make it.

No comments: